January 6, 2009

Stairs to no door...

This is one of the strangest staircases Alice has ever seen. It is next to a highway intersection in Shek Kip Mei. You can walk up the steps from either side and then there seems to be another short set of stairs leading upward. After about 10 steps, you will run into a concrete wall! There is no sign of any door. There is no sign of a passage leading anywhere. What's the point of the steps then?

There are a lot of rumors about funny empty and pointless steps in Hong Kong, especially in the rural areas. If you see a set of steps that don't really lead to anywhere, don't go that direction. Some steps were laid down by villagers to confuse the restless lost souls. If you walk on the steps, you may become one as well!


4 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Hi, Alice ...

I was so pleased that you visited my Southern Lagniappe blog and took the time to leave a comment. It always amazes me when someone on the other side of the world finds me.

I'm so glad your visit led me to your interesting blog and I look forward to coming back to visit again soon.

I loved your story about the "steps to nowhere."

Sincerely,

Janie

Faridah Zayla said...

I rate 8 for this posting :-) ,dont forget to visit MY BLOG !

MedaM said...

This really is interesting story as well as your blog. :-)
Thanks for visited my blog and left your nice comment.

Akupuntatau said...

hi alice... i really love this posting... those stairs had catch my attention to read bout it. anyway, have a nice day!